- One can take this Policy for himself and or for his family members
- There is 10% discount in premium if family members are covered
- Domiciliary treatment and Day care procedures are covered under the plan
- Application for people up to 80 years
Most Popular Policies of Oriental Insurance
- Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy
Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy offers coverage to individual policyholders for hospitalization and domiciliary treatments for sudden ailments, surgeries and injuries due to accidents.
Key features of Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater plan
This family floater plan covers the proposer and his/her family members like spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law.
Key features of Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater plan
- Applicants don't have to undergo pre-policy medical check-ups up to 60 years
- The Gold variant of the plan offers attendant allowance and daily cash allowance
- Proposers can choose between TPA and non TPA services.
- 5% discount on premium if proposers' don't opt for TPA services
Oriental Individual Mediclaim
Critical Illness is something that anybody can fall prey to and at any time of our lifetime. On an average everyday basis we usually don’t get enough time to care for ourselves and we often don’t understand when the critical illness grips our body and starts eating our internal organs slowly and steadily until and unless we fall ill. And when we diagnose that there is something wrong with our body till then the damage is done and we have to face a huge financial burden.
It is probably impossible to gauge that at what specific time will the disease grip our body so it’s better to have an insurance done. Oriental Insurance has thought about that and has brought to us the Oriental Insurance Individual Mediclaim with the help of which we can insure a particular amount starting from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 and in case of any medical emergencies, the company ensures to share our financial burden cashless for networked hospitals and with reimbursements for non-networked hospitals.
The benefits given by the policy to the benefactors:
- Domiciliary treatments are covered under the policy.
- Whereas, ambulance services are reimbursed to the benefactor upto 1% of the sum insured or Rs.2000, whichever is less.
- The medical expenses of the organ donor in case of major organ transplant are covered by the policy.
- Day care procedures which do not require an overnight stay in the hospital are also covered.
- The company also reimburses an amount upto maximum of 1% of average basic sum insured once after every claim free years as the cost of health check-up.
The additional benefits given to the benefactors:
Cashless benefit Is available if the treatment is availed in a network hospital
Reimbursement benefit Is available if the treatment is availed in a non-network hospital
Room, boarding and nursing expenses Are covered upto lower of 1% of the sum insured or Rs. 5,000 per day.
Pre and post hospitalization benefits The policy covers the expenses incurred during 30 days prior to the hospitalization and 60 days post discharge from the hospital.
ICU charges Are covered upto lower of 2% of the sum insured or Rs. 10,000 per day.
You can buy the policy from:
If the features and benefits given by the policy entice you enough to buy the policy and know more about it, click on the link below. With the help of it, you can buy the policy online.
The key features of the policy include:
Some of the additional features of the policy:
The expenses with respect to surgeons, anesthetist, medical practitioner, consultant, specialist fees, blood, and oxygen are also covered under the policy. It also covers Chemotherapy, radiotherapy, artificial limbs, cost of prosthetic devices during a surgical procedure like pacemakers etc.
The exclusions of the policy range from:
- Any pre-existing illness of the benefactor is to be covered by the insurance company after 4 years of continuous renewal with the company.
- Maternity related expenses are also not included in the policy.
- Illnesses like Piles, cataract, hypertension, hernia, diabetes etc are to be covered after a waiting period of 2 years.
- Joint replacements due to degenerative conditions and Age related illnesses such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis are to be covered after a waiting period of 4 years.
- There is a no claim period for the benefactors in the initial 30 days from the inception of the policy.
- Diseases related to AIDS, mind, cosmetics and beauty treatments are also excluded from the coverage area of the policy.
The eligibility criteria for the policy are:
With the maximum age limit of 18 years and a minimum of 80 years, the Oriental Insurance Individual Mediclaim Policy has a policy term of 1 year. The maximum sum to be insured stands at Rs. 5, 00,000 whereas; the minimum value stands at Rs. 50,000. A discount of 5% on the premium amount is also given if the TPA (Third Party Administrator) services are not availed within the policy term. A pre medical checkup is also not required for the benefactors who are below 45 years of age. Oriental Insurance can also terminate the policy by giving a notice period of 30 days. If in any case such things happen, then the company will repay the pro-rata premium to the insurance if the claim is not made till then. In other cases, the benefactor might also cancel the policy at any time.
If you want to buy the policy online then click on the link given below and fill in the form that comes with it and the policy will be sent to your home. Visa MasterCard credit card and Debit cards are accepted by the company in case you buy online.
Other companies providing the same type of policies include-
- National Insurance Mediclaim policy
- Reliance Mediclaim policy
- New India Assurance Mediclaim