- One can take this Policy for himself and or for his family members
- There is 10% discount in premium if family members are covered
- Domiciliary treatment and Day care procedures are covered under the plan
- Application for people up to 80 years
Most Popular Policies of Oriental Insurance
- Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy
Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy offers coverage to individual policyholders for hospitalization and domiciliary treatments for sudden ailments, surgeries and injuries due to accidents.
Key features of Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater plan
This family floater plan covers the proposer and his/her family members like spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law.
Key features of Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater plan
- Applicants don't have to undergo pre-policy medical check-ups up to 60 years
- The Gold variant of the plan offers attendant allowance and daily cash allowance
- Proposers can choose between TPA and non TPA services.
- 5% discount on premium if proposers' don't opt for TPA services
Oriental Universal Health Scheme
The scheme has a maximum sum insured to be Rs.30,000/- only. The premium for an individual benefactor stands at Rs.300 and for a family; it stands between Rs.450 to Rs.600. The scheme has benefitted much of the economically weaker sections of the society.
The policy can be bought online from:
If the features and benefits entice you enough to buy the policy, then click on the link below. The Oriental Insurance Health scheme can be bought online with the help of credit cards and debit cards. They also allow a feature where an official of the Oriental insurance can be called in to the benefactor’s house to explain the nitty-gritty of the policy. Click on the link below to know more.
Some of the special features of the scheme are:
The Oriental Insurance Health scheme has the feature of compensating for accidental death and disability of the sole earning member of the family. The total expenses incurred for any one illness is limited to an amount of Rs.15,000/- The policy includes one Maternity benefit with liability being restricted to Rs.2,500/- for a normal delivery and Rs.5,000/- for a caesarean delivery. The policy also provides reimbursement of hospitalization expenses for illness or diseases that are suffered or an injury sustained.
The additional features are:
One of the best features of the Oriental Insurance Health scheme is that children between 3 months and 5 years can be covered if the parent is covered with the scheme.
The coverage of the scheme includes:
The hospital or nursing home room rent and boarding expenses along with the boarding expenses are covered under the policy. The cost of the anesthetist, surgeon, doctor and consultant etc are covered under the policy.
- Nursing expenses, maternity and related expenses for 1 child that too after a waiting period of 12 months.
- Disability compensation for the earning member of the family.
- The cost of pacemaker, organs, and prosthetics like artificial limbs are covered under the policy.
Following features are excluded from the scheme:
- The cost of spectacles, hearing aids and contact lens are excluded from the coverage of the policy.
- The dental treatments or surgeries unless it requires hospitalization are excluded from the policy.
- HIV or AIDS related conditions are excluded.
- Intentional self-injury, general weakness, rest cure are not included.
The eligibility criteria of the scheme are:
|Minimum limit||Maximum Limit|
|The coverage amount||–||Rs. 30,000/-|
|The entry age||5 years||70 years|
|It is renewable till age||–||70 years|
In case the benefactor is coming from a BPL family, then a certificate of proof should be attached which is to be issued by an official who is more than the rank of a BDO or Tehsildar of revenue department of the concerned state government.
The estimated premium amount to be paid:
The major specialty of the scheme is the low amount of premium that has to be paid for the scheme. For individual benefactors, the premium amount is a mere Rs.300, whereas, for a family cover scheme, the premium amount ranges between Rs.450 to Rs.600. The small amount of premium that is to be paid has been chosen by thinking about the economically weaker sections of the society and the scheme continues to look after them.
You can buy the policy from the link given below or even have an officer of the Oriental Insurance company come at your doorstep and give you the details about the scheme and explain to you everything in greater details. The link to buy the scheme is given below.
Other policies of the same company that offer similar features:
Oriental Insurance personal Accident policy
Oriental Insurance individual Mediclaim