- One can take this Policy for himself and or for his family members
- There is 10% discount in premium if family members are covered
- Domiciliary treatment and Day care procedures are covered under the plan
- Application for people up to 80 years
Most Popular Policies of Oriental Insurance
- Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy
Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy offers coverage to individual policyholders for hospitalization and domiciliary treatments for sudden ailments, surgeries and injuries due to accidents.
Key features of Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater plan
This family floater plan covers the proposer and his/her family members like spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law.
Key features of Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater plan
- Applicants don't have to undergo pre-policy medical check-ups up to 60 years
- The Gold variant of the plan offers attendant allowance and daily cash allowance
- Proposers can choose between TPA and non TPA services.
- 5% discount on premium if proposers' don't opt for TPA services
About Oriental Personal Accident Insurance
The personal accident policy on offer at Oriental Insurance is known as Janata Personal Accident Policy. By availing this plan, policyholders are eligible for benefits in the event of any physical injury due to accident only. In case of death of the insured, the assignee will get the total amount of benefit.
Eligibility criteria of Oriental personal accident insurance plan
Any person in India regardless of age, sex and profession can avail the Oriental personal accident plan which is known as Janata Personal Accident Policy. However, there is age restrictions. One has to at least 10 years old to be eligible for this personal accident plan in India and maximum age for enrollment is 80 years. The policy remains valid for 1 year so policyholders have to go for policy renewal once in a year.
Sum Insured and premium of Oriental personal accident insurance plan
The minimum sum insured required to issue the personal accident policy is Rs. 25,000 and the maximum limit is Rs. 5,00,000. One has to show income proof if one chooses sum insured of Rs. 2,00,000 or more. The premium for sum insured of Rs. 25,000 is Rs. 15. As the sum insured increases, the premium also rises accordingly. The sum insured needs to be chosen in the multiple of Rs. 25,000.
Benefits available at Oriental personal accident insurance policy
The amount or percentage of benefits depends on the extent of damage or loss suffered by the insured. Here is a breakdown of the benefits on offer for different loss.
• In case of death of insured, 100% of sum insured is available
• In case of total and permanent loss of both eyes or loss of both feet or hands or loss of one eye and hand or foot, 100% sum insured is available
• In case of permanent and total disability due to accident, 100% of sum insured is available
• In case of permanent and total loss of one eye or one hand or one foot, 50% of sum insured is available
Salient features of Oriental personal accident insurance policy
• The policy doesn’t come with any grace period and it expires on the last day of the policy period
• No Claim Bonus can be availed if the policy renewal is done within 90 days after the expiry of the plan
• Discount is available if multiple people are insured under the same personal accident plan
• Even a non-earning person can opt for the personal accident policy available at Oriental Insurance
Exclusions of Oriental personal accident policy:
• All existing disabilities of the insured person are excluded from the coverage
• Death due to suicide or self inflicted injury or disability resulting out of attempted suicide are out of the coverage of this plan
• Death or disability as a result of intoxication
• Death or disability caused by taking part in racing, big game hunting, shooting, ice hockey, winter sports and mountaineering
• Death or disability due to insanity
• Death or disability after breaching the law with an intent to crime.
• Death or disability due to War group of perils
• Death or disability as a result of Nuclear group of perils